Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I dedicate this to be my last blog post...

I dedicate this to be my last blog post. The things that I have learned over the course of being production manager is that perfection isn't always important, but rather it's the imperfection that makes it great and that I really can do anything. This is because I thought that I wasn't cut out to be stage manager, and the thought of it scared the living daylights out of me. This was because if something went wrong, it was blamed on you. But I learned that that really isn't the case, because you have a team behind you to support you, and each other. A stage manager is really only as good as their crew. I was fortunate enough to have an AMAZING crew, production manager team, and film producers. If it wasn't for Allie, Delaney, and Regan, the show would have not run as smoothly as it did, or have the amazing sounds that it had. Also if it weren't for Darren and Kyle, the documentary would not have made us all tear up every time we watched it and the movie portion would not have remotely been as amazing as it was. You both have amazing talents; don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise.

I cannot wait to see how you all take this project and the tools that I have given you, and make it your own. I know that you'll make it even greater than it already is. As a closing word of advice, remember when things get difficult to remember who you are doing it for, leave any expectations of perfection at the door, and laugh, ALOT. Also do everything in love, because the kids can certainly tell when you aren't. I wish you all the best in the future, and thank you.


 

Love,

Jenn


 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this Jenn - I love the idea of leaving expectations of perfection at the door for anyone, anywhere. Or I sometime think of redefining perfection - I read a story once where perfection was a perfect balance of faults and gifts and I like the thought of that...

    ReplyDelete